From The Garden Shed in Pemberton, BC is seeking an Operations Assistant!
ABOUT From The Garden Shed
From The Garden Shed was established in 2017 as a multi-faceted business committed to creating warm, memorable experiences through its handcrafted lavender goods and horticultural décor.
Our lavender farm is coming into its fourth year, and half the crop has reached full maturity. We grow English and French lavender varieties to make culinary, bath & body, and wellness products. We produce our products onsite, and at a Food Safe certified commissary. In addition, we serve the local farmers’ and craft markets in the Sea to Sky Corridor and operate as an online store.
From The Garden Shed offers a wide range of horticultural décor products, including wreaths, floral arrangements, and container gardens. Our services include various in-person and virtual workshops.
We are located 10 minutes outside of the village of Pemberton, off Pemberton Meadows Road, tucked in beside the beautiful mountains that grace the valley.
We practice organic gardening practices and harvest our lavender by hand. As a Master Gardener Volunteer, I only share science based gardening practices both in my business and through various clinics and workshops.
My mission of my business is to create memorable experiences through our handcrafted lavender and horticultural decor.
- You love the outdoors and working in all kinds of weather.
- You have a passion for plants & gardening, and a little dirt under the nails is a badge of honour.
- You are punctual and arrive to work with a bright & cheerful mindset, eager to take on any task at hand.
- You are a crafter at heart who loves to have a glue gun in one hand and wire cutters in the other.
- You believe in high standards, being mindful of others, and care committed to raising the bar through your attention to detail.
- You communicate respectfully and ask questions to clarify and ensure that the job gets done as planned.
- You enjoy working independently as well with others as part of a team.
You will be working closely with Catherine (owner) to learn all the nuances and details of running the business’s day-to-day operation, including:
- Working in the lavender field, herb garden and greenhouse during the growing season (May – September) to care for the variety of lavender and other plants used to create FTGS products. Tasks include planting, watering, pruning, harvesting, drying, cleaning and storing the dried lavender and other botanicals.
- Responsible for overseeing and directing the team when the owner is off-site or required.
- Production of lavender goods in the workshop and commissary.
- Assisting in ordering and maintaining inventory levels of supplies.
- Production and creating horticultural décor, including wreaths, dried floral arrangements and container gardens.
- Assist in preparing and setting up décor for corporate events throughout the year.
- Receiving and processing inventory and supplies, as well as picking, packing, and shipping outgoing orders.
- Assist with facilitation of workshops, market setups & market sales; representing the face of the brand when required—providing the best customer experience that embodies the values of FTGS.
- Assist with social media, promotional and marketing campaigns that include photo shoots, social media posts and blogs.
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
Term: Permanent position – Start Immediately – year round.
Hours per week: 40 hours/week.
Wage: $ 18-20/hour with opportunity to add to base for performance and attendance.
Please submit your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT From The Garden Shed