Fireside Farms in Ottawa, Ontario is seeking a full-time, permanent Produce Farmer & Systems + Ops Manager!
ABOUT Fireside Farms
We are an organic micro-green, vegetable, lettuce, and herb farm delivering in the Ottawa-Orleans-Clarence-Rockland area. With 7,500 square feet of heated greenhouse property, we intersect organic soil-based farming and composting techniques with cutting-edge vertical infrastructure, hydroponics, and mushroom labs. We actively supply through wholesale, distribution, and retail channels to restaurants and consumers.
- obsessed with plants, soil-health, compost and community engagement
- focused on closed-loop and no-till farming practices
- actively supplying naturally grown products through local wholesale and retail streams
- a small team of focused, fun, entrepreneurs
- a passionate practitioner in sustainable agriculture and business development
- educated or experienced in organic greenhouse growing, ecology, biology or equivalent
- decisive, systematic, collaborative, self-directed
- mature, methodical, ambitious, fun, mobile (license and vehicle required)
- organic vegetable/herb/lettuce farmer: growing and maintaining crops in aeroponic, hydroponic, and soil-based areas
- systems and operations management: managing water, nutrient/ph, soil, and compost systems; refining standard operating procedures for plant health and facility and operator efficiency
- crop planning and yield tracking: managing crop-rotation; forecasting and tracking harvest yield in grow areas; seed inventory procurement and maintenance
- pest and disease management: pest scouting and disease identification; procurement and application of positive bios and organic treatments
- micro-greens and mycology operations: operation and optimization of micro-green and mushroom and grow areas
Term: This is a permanent full-time position for the right candidate, starting immediately.
Hours per week: Minimum 8hrs a day, and minimum 5 days per week
Wage: This is an hourly paid position, starting at $15.50/hr (Ontario minimum wage) or higher commensurate to experience and education.
This position does not include room or board.
Please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org