Morgan Creek Farm in Nanaimo, BC is seeking a Vegetable Farm Hand!
ABOUT Morgan Creek Farm
A beautiful and diverse young farm (7 acres) on the city limits of Nanaimo. Selling locally and building towards offering a CSA offering later this year. We produce an ever increasing variety of products. Meat – Lamb, Chicken and Turkey. Honey. Fruit and Vegetables. Newly installed greenhouse to start plants and grow suitable plants for harvest year round. 10,000 gallon rainwater collection system installed.
Following Regenerative Organic (non cert) practices. Want to develop a better rotational grazing system for the sheep. The poultry is raised on a pasture system where they are moved daily to fresh grass.
- Safety minded
- Interest in organic, natural farming
- Attention to detail
- Experience working outdoors
- Able to work independently or in a team
- Flexible and patient
- Efficient and diligent
- Coachable and curious
- Physical stamina
- Planting, watering and weeding crops in fields and greenhouse
- Animal Care – Collecting eggs, feeding and changing water and cleaning stalls
- Maintenance of farm buildings and fences including painting and carpentry
- Picking and packaging fruit and veggies for market
- Operating small gas powered machines
- Bee Keeping
- Pest Management
- Customer Service
Term: Full time ( at least 35 hours a week) And Part Time ( 15 hours a week min. to help with market/CSA)
Minimum duration– 8 weeks.
Start time – as soon as possible.
Wage: Hourly Wage is $15.20 per hour with free vegetables for personal use.
Please send your Resume to Farmmcf@gmail.com
Deadline to apply: May 27
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org