Joyfully Organic Farm in Markham (Near Toronto), Ontario is seeking a Farm Staff!
ABOUT Joyfully Organic Farm
Joyfully Organic Farm is a skilled and vibrant Certified Local Organic vegetable farm in the Greater Toronto Area. We have a deep love of amazing food + strong farming practices. We are planning our 2021 Season and putting together our rock star farm staff team. We are honoured to be the farmers of so many wonderful community members. Over the years, we’ve been blessed to have built a large and loyal base of customers who share our love and excitement for eating well and eating locally! We are active members of our surrounding communities, providing vegetables for prominent Farmers Markets in Toronto, a large CSA in our hometown, and wholesale relationships to local food purveyors + chefs. We passionately believe good organic farming has just amount to do with soil, as it does with food. In our books, taste, nutrition + farm resiliency begins and ends with diligently stewarded soil
Style of Farming: Our farm engages in a high-output model of vegetable production. Joyfully Organic Farm focuses on lean operational efficiencies, bio-intensive planting, multi-successions, high yields per acreage, and laughing a lot Please see our site to learn more about our farm. www.joyfullyorganicfarm.ca
- Positive attitude that contributes to an efficient and enjoyable work environment
- Keen to contribute ideas and demonstrate problem solving abilities
- Good sense of humour and desire to work in a team setting
- At least one season of farming experience
- Knowledge of organic farming practices is an asset
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Forward thinking
- Ability to work at a fast pace in groups or alone
- Physically fit and capable of working efficiently in a variety of weather conditions
As part of our farm team, you will contribute to all aspects of our farm production. Training to our particular farming systems will be provided. Areas of work will include:
- Weed and Pest Management
- Fertility and Land Management
- Machine and Tool Maintenance
- Seedling Production
- Greenhouse Management
- Harvesting Vegetables
- Carpentry and Building Projects
- Preparing for/attending Markets CSA
Term: This position is Full Time, May to December 2020
Hours per week: Full time, 5 to 6 days per week as per farm needs
Wage: Compensation will be determined based on the selected candidate’s experience. Monthly wages will be determined in accordance with skills and experience, with the possibility of a seasonal bonus.
Accommodations: Shared accommodations are available if needed, in a clean and attractive apartment.
Fill out our Farm Staff Questionnaire on our website and attach your resume, when prompted. Thanks! We look forward to reading your application.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Joyfully Organic Farm