About Manna Farm
Manna Farm is located in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, providing a year round, full diet, free choice CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) program. We currently produce organic vegetables, fruit, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, meat birds (chicken and turkey), and Big Leaf maple syrup. We hope to include organic mushrooms, pork, and grass-fed beef and dairy in the near future. We believe each component of our farm contributes to each other and aim for a closed circle operation. We grow for our CSA members, our local Farmers’ Market and for select local grocers and restaurants.
Owned and operated by a young family: Elia who graduated from the UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems in 2015 with a Bachelor Degree in Plant and Soil Science, her partner, Mark, who works off farm, and their young daughter, Aela. We live off the main farm, residing about 20 minutes away where our sugar bush is located. We lease 20 acres in central Duncan, which is where we grow our crops, raise our animals, and spend most of our time. We are looking for three dedicated, reliable full time farm hands to join our small team and commit to the 2017 season.
Job Description: General Farm Hand
- Full-time April – end of October, with potential for part-time work November-March
- 40 hours/wk
- A variety of farm tasks including tractor work, weeding, harvesting, seeding, chicken chores, CSA and market prep, etc. with the opportunity to specialize in the area of work you desire/enjoy.
- Minimum wage
What you can expect:
- Heavy lifting (50lbs)
- Work in all kinds of weather including rain, heat, cold, etc.
- Tedious work (threshing sunflowers or weeding for 8 straight hours – we do avoid this as much as possible but sometimes such things are necessary)
- Access to lots of fresh veg!
- Physically fit
- Outstanding work ethic and good attitude
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Fast-learner and fast-paced worker
How to Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.