The Panatch Group in Richmond, BC is hiring a permanent Farm Manager/Coordinator to establish a 35 acre farm property!
We are currently hiring an innovative individual to lead the establishment and
future growth of a 35-acre farm property. This property is located in the heart of
Steveston, Richmond, BC and as such, has a significant surrounding population.
A family home is located on the property and we aim to develop a long-term,
sustainable agricultural model for the property that positively contributes to and
serves the community. We are looking for a passionate, experienced individual to
work collaboratively with on this exciting project.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A collaborative, fun and dynamic work environment with flexibility to ensure
a healthy work-life balance.
- Salary commensurate with level of experience and the opportunity for
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a highly professional, experienced farm coordinator to join us
and lead the development and growth of a 35 acre farm property in Steveston,
Richmond, BC. This position will evolve over time but will initially involve
solidifying the overall long-term vision of the farm in collaboration with the
owners. This will include developing a business plan and organize all aspects of
executing this plan. An ideal candidate for this position is creative, resourceful, a
self-starter, has a high degree of attention to detail and is comfortable working
independently. We are seeking a candidate who is proactive and has the
determination to follow through on projects.
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture and/or Business preferred
- 5+ years experience in farm management – ideally have direct experience
with fruits, vegetables and flowers
- Highly organized with exceptional multitasking abilities and meticulous
attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly computer literate
- Ability to work on projects with general direction and minimal guidance in a
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Direct and coordinate all operations of the farm – crop planning, planting,
- Assist in set up sales channels of farm
- Hire, manage and oversee the performance of farm personnel
- Purchase and maintain farm machinery and supplies
- Prepare and maintain production records
- Prepare financial and operational reports
- Utilize standard and innovative principles to resolve complex project
- Other duties as required
NOTE: The above list highlights only key responsibilities, it is not a set job
description. This role is anticipated to be ever evolving and the right candidate
will grow the role to meet their needs and those of the project.
This position is a full-time, permanent position that can start as soon as possible.
We understand that job hunting can be a delicate process – we assure you that
the interview process will remain completely confidential. To apply, please kindly
submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the
name of the position in the subject line, to Simran Panatch:
This posting will remain open until filled. We thank all
candidates in advance, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org