Luna Field Farm in Belmont, MB is hiring a Farm Hand for the 2020 season!
About Luna Field Farm:
Farm Type: Cattle Ranch, Family Farm, Livestock Farm, Mixed Farm
We are a mixed livestock operation and employ management intensive grazing techniques (holistic management) in a multi-species grazing system that includes cattle, pastured pigs, laying hens and meat chickens. We direct market much of what we produce on the farm.
Our farm is located 200 km west of Winnipeg Manitoba and 85 southeast of Brandon Manitoba. Our closest town with a hospital and other resources is Killarney Manitoba and is 40 km away.
Full-time seasonal position:
We are looking for someone keenly interested in sustainable and regenerative agriculture. The position is from May-October (start dates to be discussed) for 40 hours per week 6 days per week. The position will include room and board (valued at $500 per month) + 12.00/hr
Position Duties & Requirements:
- Poultry chores: watering and feeding poultry, picking eggs caring for chicks and chickens on pasture
- Cattle chores: checking fence, checking cattle waterers, helping with cattle moves
- Pig chore: checking fence, checking and cleaning pig waterers
- Order preparation and loading product for urban delivery
- You will need to be strong, fit and able to lift 50 lbs multiple times a day.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be very organized, communicative, observant, able to relay information to others and ask questions.
- Positive, “get things done” attitude is more important than experience.
- The position is for 40 hours per week but may not always fit a 9-5 schedule. Some days will start earlier and some days will require a later start time and work into the evening.
- Everyone will share farm/yard maintenance work and household chores.
- Valid driver’s license (preferred but not required)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Room and Board:
Simple on-site accommodation will be provided. Eating and meal space will be shared. We will provide a balanced diet of eggs, meat, vegetables and whole foods. All of our meat and eggs are produced on the farm. Some vegetables are produced on the farm. The rest are acquired from neighbouring Organic vegetable producers.
We have a short, busy, farming season. This position is May-October with no extended vacation time off the farm. Expect a full, physical work week throughout the season.
- Ideally we are looking to employ and support people who want to go into farming in the future. This is not required.
- Farm work is hard work, but we hope that this may be a wonderful life experience and opportunity for you. We are happy to provide references from people who have worked here in past years if you would like to know what it is like.
- Educational opportunities: We have an extensive library for those interested in farming and regenerative agriculture. We have taken two Permaculture Design courses and are training to be Certified Holistic Management Educators
COVID19: All farm workers will be considered as part of our household. Off the farm all live in workers will be required to follow all Public Health protocol.
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Luna Field Farm
Visit their Website
Follow @lunafieldfarm on Instagram