This position has been filled.
O’Rourke Peak Cellars in Lake Country, British Columbia is seeking a Market Gardener!
ABOUT O’Rourke Peak Cellars
We are a Lake Country, B.C, winery with a vision of providing our guests with the very best wine and food experiences. Our market garden is just over 0.5 acre with 2 large supporting green houses on site. All produce is grown with the aim to be utilized in our seasonal menu’s.
The garden supplies our on site restaurant farm fresh produce where our chefs have a garden to plate food philosophy.
Outgoing, proactive, autonomous, self starter who can be flexible and work alongside an existing team of chefs and managers in order to grow and harvest the freshest produce as required by the business.
- Experience working in a commercial vegetable operation
- Experience working in greenhouses with knowledge of greenhouse crops
- An understanding of crop requirements, rotation and soil health
- An understanding of seasonal cropping and timely seeding/ sowing
- The ability to maintain the garden to show/ tour standards
- Willing to work closely with Chef so the restaurant gets what they need
- Microgreen/ Sprouts production knowledge an asset
- The ability to use rototillers and other small farm machinery
- Knowledge on how to irrigate appropriately
- Tractor driving skills an asset
- Knowledge of berry crops an asset
- Knowledge of fruit tree crops an asset
- Knowledge of winter storage crops to provide produce year round for the kitchen
- A friendly and mannerly demeanor for talking to the public/ tour groups
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours seasonally as gardens require regular attention, especially in the spring
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs and work on your knees or hunched over regularly
- The ability to keep harvest records, valuations and make this information available to the financial controller and the Chef
Term: As soon as possible given the upcoming growing season and the position is full time
Hours per week: From 38 through to 65 depending on the time of the season
Wage: 45-55K pa depending on the applicants background and previous experiences
Please submit a Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 1st March 2021
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT O’Rourke Peak Cellars