This position has been filled.
View the Young Agrarians jobs blog for more job listings.
Yellow Point Farms in Ladysmith, BC (Vancouver Island) is hiring a Blueberry Picker/harvester/sorter for the 2020 season!
About Yellow Point Farms
We are a family run 32 acre farm that is nestled in a sunny valley in Yellow Point. Blueberries are our main crop, and we grow many other types of fruit and vegetables as well. We sell our blueberries at farmer’s markets throughout the summer and we will be having a farm stand on the farm as well.
Our farm is not certified organic but tries to adhere to organic practices as much as possible. The person hired should have a strong commitment to sustainable and natural farming methods.
This is a 6 week contract for the blueberry season. Experience in piecework (picking/ tree planting, etc) is an asset but we are willing to train motivated candidates. This work is best suited for people who:
- Enjoy working as part of a team to meet strict deadlines
- Can maintain a positive attitude despite the adverse conditions that outdoor work often involves
- Is self-motivated and able to set personal goals
- Is hardworking, and physically able to do the tasks required: work in a variety of weather conditions, bending, lifting, kneeling, standing for long periods, etc.
- Is able to follow direction, ask questions, and complete tasks efficiently
- Has strong communication skills.
- Harvesting and sorting blueberries
- Accurate record keeping
- Some weeding and plant maintenance (hourly)
Term: Approx July 1 for 6 weeks.
Hours: Hours per day and per week will vary. It is piece work, so the opportunity is there to work a lot and work hard and make good money. We work weather dependent and Mondays are a mandatory day off.
Wage: We pay $1/lb of harvested, sorted berries.
Additional compensation is in the form of the opportunity to camp on the property while you work for the duration of the contract.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2020
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Find Yellow Point Farms Online
Check out the Yellow Point Farms website