This position has been filled.
Yellow Point Farms in Ladysmith, BC is seeking a Blueberry Picker/Harvester/Sorter!
ABOUT Yellow Point Farms
We are a family run 32 acre farm that is nestled in a sunny valley in Yellow Point, Ladysmith. Blueberries are our main crop, and we grow many other types of fruit and vegetables as well as raise miniature livestock. We sell our blueberries at farmer’s markets throughout the summer and also from our farm store.
We have a mission of creating a well-balanced ecosystem and rich soils that produce nutrient-dense foods while treating the environment and the animals with respect. Our farm is not certified organic but tries to adhere to holistic and organic practices as much as possible. The person hired should have a strong commitment to sustainable and holistic farming methods.
This is a 6 week contract for the blueberry season. Experience in piecework (picking/ tree planting, etc) is an asset but we are willing to train motivated candidates. This work is best suited for people who:
- Enjoy working as part of a team to meet strict deadlines
- Can maintain a positive attitude despite the adverse conditions that outdoor work often involves
- Is self-motivated and able to set and meet personal goals
- Is hardworking, and physically able to do the tasks required: work in a variety of weather conditions, bending, lifting, kneeling, standing for long periods, etc.
- Is able to follow direction, ask questions, and complete tasks efficiently
- Pays attention to detail
- Has strong communication skills.
- Harvesting and sorting blueberries
- Accurate record keeping
- Opportunity to help out in other aspects of the farm (hourly wage)
Term: Start approximately July 1 for 6 weeks. (start and end date is slightly flexible depending on the season and when the berries are ripe)
Hours per week: Hours per day and per week will vary. It is piece work, so the opportunity is there to work a lot and work hard and make good money. We work most days, weather dependent, with Mondays being a mandatory day off, and most Sundays are optional to take off as well.
Wage: We pay $1/lb of harvested, sorted berries.
There is the option to camp for free on the property while you work, for the duration of the contract.
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: June 15, 2021
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org