Wise Earth Farm in Kelowna, British Columbia is seeking a Farm Crew Member!
ABOUT Wise Earth Farm
Wise Earth Farm is a 2-acre regenerative farm in Kelowna, BC. Given that we are “Certified Naturally Grown”, we refrain from using any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers. Instead, we farm using a various hand tools such as the wheel hoe, broad-fork, tilther, wire weeders, etc. We grow a variety of seasonal vegetables such as salad turnips, radishes, lettuce, carrots, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, kale, arugula, zucchini, and much more! We use LocalLine as our online store where customers can order a weekly veg box. We also attend the Kelowna Farmers’ Market every Saturday as well as supply to local restaurants and wineries.
We farm using Regenerative Agriculture principles which is an approach to food and farming that strengthens the vitality of our soil, increases biodiversity, improves water cycles, and supports carbon sequestration. We believe that growing delicious and nutritious food comes from the health of the soil. Being Certified Naturally Grown guarantees that we don’t use any pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizers. At Wise Earth Farm we are working to create an environmentally sustainable, socially responsible farm-business model that is equitable for us farmers, and our community members.
- Passionate about local foods & regenerative farming
- Positive attitude & open to learning new skills
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Detail-oriented and capable of meeting standards of quality & consistency
- Enjoys physical work & repetitive tasks
- Planting seeds/seedlings (e.g., with the Paper Pot Transplanter or by hand)
- Weeding (e.g., by hand, using wire weeders and hoes)
- Processing and packing vegetables for sales
- Harvesting vegetables
Term: Full-time position running from April until September. Opportunity to return for following seasons.
Hours per week: 30-45 hours per week
Wage: $17/hour + $1/hour in Vegetable Credits
Please send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: February 25th
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org