Fossil Beach Farm on Hornby Island, BC is seeking a Agritourism General Manager!
ABOUT Fossil Beach Farm
Fossil Beach Farm (www.fossilbeachfarm.com) is located on a stunning waterfront farm on Hornby Island overlooking the Salish Sea, off Vancouver Island. The property is home to 7 furnished glamping sites and a cider house. Each summer the farm sees over 10,000 guests and we pride ourselves creating an exceptional experience that will live forever in the memories of our guests, or as we like to say, our Farm Family.
We are looking to hire a General Manager, or management couple, who would be responsible for the oversite of all operations which include glamping, farming, cookshack, and cider house. This position requires a full-time seasonal commitment including living on-site during the season which runs from May to September. In the off-season, part-time work that can be fulfilled from a location of your choosing is also available. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is interested in living on Hornby Island in the summer and having flexibility to work remotely in the winters.
If you are hoping to work at Fossil Beach Farm and the GM position doesn’t fit you, the following summer season positions will be available: tasting room/production, cleaners, handyman/farm hand – please inquire within.
We are also accepting proposals from like-minded individuals or businesses to provide value added experiences such as: yoga, art, education, events, etc.
- A “can do” attitude, this is a working farm so duties can range from fueling up tractors to making cider to coordinating a 150-person event.
- Experience supervising others and/or overseeing projects, preferably in a hospitality setting
- Experience using technology and social media, we utilize Checkfront, Canva, Instagram, Facebook, Square, Quickbooks Online, Zoom, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Experience in the agritourism industry is an asset
- FoodSafe and Serving It Right certifications are an asset
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of the team, this includes but is not limited to:
- cleaning of the sites, glamping tents, bathrooms and outdoor kitchen
- general site and appliance maintenance
- coordination of garbage and recycling pickup up
- propane exchange
- landscaping (lawn mowing, gardening, cow pie removal, rock picking, etc.)
- Smooth operation of the manufacturing facility, tasting room and glamping experience
- Working with glamping customers to arrange bookings through our online platform (Checkfront/paypal), and apply refunds, date changes, etc.
- Responding and replying to all inquiries via phone, email and social media
- General administrative duties
- Liaising with owners on a regular basis to achieve shared goals of business development
- Overseeing and onboarding contracted workers
- Completing inventory, ordering furnishings and supplies
- Recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling 4-5 seasonal staff
Renumeration and hours are flexible depending if applicant requires housing on Hornby Island, hours/duties, experience, proficiency, etc. Estimated commitment would be 8- 12 hours/week in the off season. 6+ days a week during May-Sept. Wage range $25-$35 per hour.
An RV site with access to our cook shack and washroom facilities is available for the managers.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Fossil Beach Farm