Helen’s Acres Community Farm in Kelowna, BC is hiring a three Agricultural Workers for the 2019 season!
Work outside and get a great tan. Work in a team that gives back to the community and
helps build community. The Seasonal Agricultural Worker will work alongside both staff
and volunteers to plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables, berries, and field crops. Use
hand tools, (such as shovels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives). Duties
may include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or
pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products.
Other duties include maintaining flower gardens, repair fences, and participate in
A key component of this position will be working along side a group of staff and
volunteers that are focused on growing produce for social agencies in Kelowna that help
those in need. Our goal is to maintain a positive image of the organization within the
community by building positive communities, educating people in farming activities and
donating nutritious produce to those in need.
- Team work
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Planning and organization
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Communicate with volunteers to ensure a positive experience for both volunteers and the organization
- Confer with managers to make operational decisions
- Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
- Operate irrigation systems.
- Weeding and thinning of vegetable and berry crops
- Harvest berries and vegetables by hand
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of
- Weeding and Maintaining flower beds.
- Maintaining picnic area by cutting grass and weeding
- Load agricultural products for shipment.
- Operate farming equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work with a team of volunteers
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles
- Ability to work independently and possess strong time management skills
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and farm work
Term: Jobs term will end at the end of August.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage:$15.00 per hour
Qualified applicants should send resume to email@example.com.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Learn More About Helen’s Acres Community Farm
Facebook: Helen’s Acres Community Farm