Grown Here Farms in Cawston, BC is seeking a permanent Organic Farmer.
About Grown Here Farms
Organic vegetable production – 40 acres. Tractors. John Deere Potato Digger. Lee Schnucknik Onion Harvester. The farm is non-certified organic.
- Puritan organic processes
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- High quality, organic produce
- Work ethic
- Our mission is IMPACT: To touch as many lives as possible with pure, organic, non-GMO produce
- Work ethic
- Excellent problem solver
- Critical thinking
- Works with irrigation, tractors and has general organic farm knowledge
- Wants to make things better
This role is a critical member of our team to facilitate the following:
- organic farming – soil health, tilling, seeding, harvesting and ensuring high production standards are achieved and maintained;
- equipment maintenance and management;
- irrigation maintenance, management and repairs;
- being a leader and setting an example for the team;
- creating a positive work culture;
- increasing efficiencies in processes and soil health;
- ensuring adherence to WorkSafe and Food Safety guidelines/standards;
- labour and harvest tracking;
- organic certification records;
- must be well organized and ability to prioritize well.
- MUST have experience with organic vegetable farming, working farm equipment, tilling, seeding and harvesting of organic vegetables.
A high degree of ownership is a requirement – you need to be skilled, experienced, able to manage competing priorities and the demands and pressures of a high-functioning commercial organic operation.
Term: Permanent position. Start March 31, 2019. Full time, year round.
Hours: 40 – 50 hours per week
Wage: Wage based on experienced. Base salary ($48,000+).
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About Grown Here Farms
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.