Banditry Cider Farm in Gibsons, British Columbia is seeking a Farm Hand!
ABOUT Banditry Cider Farm
At our Orchard we produce mainly heritage cider apples, perry pears, saskatoon berries, sour cherries, grapes and rhubarb. We have 2.5 acres to maintain organically with hand weeding, mulching , organic spraying and maintaining an electric bear fence.
We have based our holistic orchard management strategy off of the writings and philosophy of Michael Phillips. Although we have no short term plans to get organic certification, we are committed to being a regenerative farm. We promote wild pollinators, kiln and apply biochar to our soils, and brew comfrey and horsetail teas for our sprays. We are looking to improve upon our practices with the individual who fill this farm hand position.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Experience in Farming, Landscaping or Construction
- Strong work ethic and Good attitude
- An ability to work outside all day
- Hands-On Problem-Solving Skills
- Great references
- Spraying Orchard with organic sprays
- Weeding mulching, harvesting, watering, Grafting & Fence Maintenance
- Animal Care (Ducks)
- Taking Photos
- Keg Washing
Term: April 1st – Oct 1st (Opportunities to stay on may be available).
Hours per week: 20-40 Hours per week.
Wage: ~ $18-22/hr.
- Increased wages can be considered for tractor and small heavy machine operation capabilities and/or irrigation installation experience.
- Staff discount on Cider.
- Possibilities exist for housing solutions for the right candidate.
Please submit references and resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: March 10th, 2022
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Banditry Cider Farm
View more Farm Jobs and Apprenticeships on our Job Board