Earth Candy Farm on Salt Spring Island, BC is seeking a Farm Worker for the 2019 season.
About Earth Candy Farm
- Mixed vegetables, cut flowers, berries, 1 acre garden space.
- Forest setting, close to town
- BCS walk behind tractor, hand tools
- All produce sold at our on-site farm store. Flowers sold through united flower growers auction in Vancouver. We also do a some wedding flowers and make value added products with our produce.
The farm is non-certified organic.
Our business is committed to providing nutrient dense, affordable food to our local community. We live a totally organic life and this applies to our farming style as well. We believe in feeding our soil (and the worms!) and taking care to make our land healthier and more productive with each year we farm here. We enjoy being minimalist and super efficient while also having a few ‘just for fun’ projects mixed in!
Dedicated, team player, independent, driven, fun.
- Operate walking tractor and use hand tools
- Seeding, planting, cultivating, harvest, post-harvest care
- Training and trellising
- Greenhouse work
- Bed preparation
Term: April 1 – November 15, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week
Wage: $15 per hour. Accommodation available if required for $500 per month.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 up-to-date references to email@example.com.
Working interviews will occur in March.
Learn More About Earth Candy Farm
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.