Blue Grouse Winery in Duncan, BC is seeking a Vineyard Supervisor or Vineyard Manager!
ABOUT Blue Grouse Winery
Vineyard and winery in Cowichan Valley.
Yes, we are in the process of being certified organic.
Hard working, willing to learn, able to supervise a crew, computer literacy
- Responsible for year-round operation of a 35 acre organic cool-climate vineyard.
- Responsible for assisting in the development (and ultimately operating) of another 45 acres on an adjacent site (to include planting and infrastructure installation (fencing, posts, wire, irrigation, etc.)
- Oversees property maintenance (grounds and buildings) and landscaping.
- Manages tractor operation and maintenance.
- Manages small engine tool operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for hiring and training seasonal team members (to include foreign worker program within the next two years).
- Oversee integrated pest management program.
- Lead the vineyard fertility and soil health program.
- Monitor and manage vine water status and irrigation delivery systems.
- Schedules appropriate testing for vineyard nutrient status.
- Implements, upholds and improves safe working practices to BC Worksafe standards.
- Works with winemaker to coordinate harvest timeline and deliver grapes to the crush pad.
- Understands and able to prune using guyot poussard methods.
- Works with management to achieve budgetary and cost performance goals.
Term: Starting ASAP, this is a permanent position
Hours per week: Approximately 40, fluctuates based on seasonal nature of the operation.
Wage: Base wage depends on experience. Farming background but no vineyard experience would start less, more experience or vineyard would be more. In the $50,000+ range. Also offer benefits.
Please submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and any relevant certifications such as
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to operate/maneuver a forklift, tractor and trailer.
- Pesticide Applicators License or ability to obtain one before commencing.
Deadline to apply: ASAP
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Blue Grouse Winery