This position has been filled.
Good Earth Farms in the Comox Valley (near Courtenay & Campbell River, B.C.) is seeking a Farm Helper!
ABOUT Good Earth Farms
We are a small, certified organic seed farm located in Black Creek, Comox Valley B.C. We produce high quality open pollinated seed. We have been saving seed since 2001 and got our own farm in 2004. We sell through an on-line store, various retail outlets, Seed Saturdays and the Comox Valley Farmers Market. Our goal is to provide a safe, fun, and inclusive work environment. We are on a bus line from Courtenay and Campbell River.
We are Certified Organic farm. We strive to be good to the planet and be good to each other. We take safety and health seriously.
- Safety minded, good at following safety/health protocols and can communicate effectively with others
- Physically fit and be able to perform strenuous repetitive tasks in all kinds of weather
- high endurance, perseverance and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment are great assets
- Has a positive attitude, attention to detail and a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Works well in a small team as well as independently. Self-motivation and initiative assets for completing tasks and thinking ahead to increase efficiency and task completion
- Able to take directions, work unsupervised, problem solve and be receptive to feedback and ask for help when needed
- Previous farm experience not required, but can be an asset as well as general experience working outdoors and with plants, interest in
- General Farm Labour (primarily bed preparation, mulch laying, irrigation, hoeing, hand weeding, seeding, transplanting, harvesting, lawn mowing, weed eating)
- Seed Cleaning / Seed packing / Order fulfillment
Term: Permanent Position with Seasonality. Year round, 8 hours/day (flexible/willing to work around the bus schedule)
Willing to negotiate some 1 week breaks but only during certain months.
Seasonality: April 1–October 1: 4 days/week (Tues. – Fri.)
October 1–November 19: 2 days/week (Tues./Wed., Wed./Thur., or Thur./Fri.)
February 1–April 1: 2 days/week (Tues./Wed., Wed./Thur., or Thur./Fri.)
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our crew, what you are looking for out of the experience and what you have to offer, along with a resume outlining any educational or work related experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: March 26, 2021
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Good Earth Farms