Longview Farms in Central Saanich, British Columbia is seeking a Produce Packer/Quality Controller!
ABOUT Longview Farms
Longview Farms is a progressive grower and shipper of a wide variety of Certified Organic fruit and vegetable crops as well as conventional fresh-cut daffodils, daffodil bulbs, pumpkins, and hay. We are the largest Certified Organic vegetable farm on Vancouver Island and our produce, daffodils and bulbs can be found in a number of local retail stores throughout Vancouver Island and the mainland.
Longview Farms is highly committed to a healthy local food system. Our goal is to have a positive impact on local food security issues by increasing production and innovating to meet the ever changing needs of our community.
We have expanded our food crop varieties and acreage each year to well over 165 acres of Certified Organic land in the rotation with further expansion planned for future seasons.
The Produce Packer/Quality Controller is responsible for ensuring that all products being shipped to customers, meets, or exceeds the Longview Farms standard of excellence from the time of harvest to storage, and the packing and distribution of products to customers. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for keeping records for the Food Safe and organic programs for the farm, as well as assisting with daily harvest of various crops, general crop maintenance and general warehouse clean-up/management.
- Supervising and participating in the storage and packing of all products to ensure quality expectations and food safe requirements are met
- Managing product storage including product rotation and cooler inventory to ensure freshness and sustainability of products prior to shipping
- Working with the Growing and Sales Teams to provide estimated product availability and delivery times to ensure freshness while coordinating shipments
- Managing harvest, inventory and packing records for field and greenhouse Food Safe and organic programs
- Working alongside the Grower to ensure all Food Safe, organic, and health and safety records are maintained
- Cleaning and maintaining the packing bench and general warehouse area
- Maintaining inventory of packing material
- Ensuring worker adherence to all Food Safe and WorkSafeBC regulations
- Fostering a positive and healthy work environment with all employees
- Assisting with harvesting and crop maintenance as needed
- Additional farm-related duties as required.
Term: Start date would be in early Spring and this would be a full-time permanent position
Hours per week: 40 hours a week
Wage: Hourly wage starts at $22/hr.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Employee discount on produce
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply:
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org