Klippers Organic Acres in Cawston, British Columbia is seeking a Farm/CSA Coordinator!
ABOUT KLIPPERS ORGANIC ACRES
Klippers Organic Acres is a regenerative ground crop and tree fruit farm. We practice biodynamic farming and work as hard as we can to eliminate waste at every point of production. Uniquely, our farm has a kitchen, a drying facility, a packing house, an award winning restaurant, an on-site cidery, and a farm store/cafe.
Our farm is certified organic, certified salmon safe, has an environmental farm plan, and has won numerous awards including VanMag’s “Producer of the Year” in 2022 as well as “Outstanding Young Farmer of the Year” award (for BC and all of Canada) in 2011.
Klippers Organic Acres was founded in 2001 by Kevin and Annamarie Klippenstein when they purchased a 5-acre parcel of land in Cawston, BC (the Organic Capital of Canada). In 2001, the goal for Klippers Organics was to provide healthy, high-quality produce to families across British Columbia. Today, Kevin and Annamarie are proud to say that they have been farming in a regenerative manner for twenty years and what started as 5 acres has expanded to 60. Currently, our farm supplies produce throughout both the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland regions through the means of farmer’s markets and restaurants/cafes/grocery sales. The farm also sells produce throughout the year through its very popular (& recently expanded) Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. To find out more about Klippers Organics, please visit www.klippersorganics.com.
The successful candidate is task-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, and solutions-driven. This is a leadership role, and therefore we are looking for someone who demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills, and is able to work independently as well as in a team. The right candidate will be passionate about and interested in sustainable local food systems and regenerative agriculture. The ideal candidate will also have packing house & gardening/farming experience. A strong desire to eliminate food waste is also an essential attribute in this role. Our farm has excellent potential with great growing conditions, excellent infrastructure, a recognized brand name, and a loyal customer base. The right individual will find our farm an exciting place to learn and grow.
- Plan out harvest list and packing list weekly.
- Organize more than 40 different farm products in preparation for three weekly farmers markets and multiple weekly CSA pickups.
- Pack restaurant orders and CSA shares in an organized manner.
- Manage CSA member communications and provide weekly updates/harvest lists via Mailchimp.
- Maintain relationships between stakeholders (chefs/owners/market customers) to meet deliverables and ensure produce is ready to be harvested based on seasonal readiness.
- Ensure that work safety standards are being maintained at all times in the packing house Field and Orchard.
- Remain active in all aspects of farming alongside field crew (dependent on season and interest).
- Track harvest data
- Frequent standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Frequent lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stacking and carrying up to 25kg (50 lbs).
- Foodsafe Level 1.
- A valid driver’s license with at least three years of driving experience is a huge asset as driving to Vancouver for farmer’s markets is a possibility.
Term: This is a permanent, full-time position. The ideal start date is December 1st.
Hours per week: 40-50 hours/week (depending on the season).
Wage: $50,000/year. Wage negotiable based on experience.
Other job perks include…
- On-farm accommodations.
- Discounts on Klippers Marketplace & Cafe, Untangled Craft Cider, and Row Fourteen products.
- Unlimited fruit and vegetable seconds.
- The opportunity to build business knowledge & learn post-harvest procedures.
- The opportunity to grow within the position based on knowledge, skill, and/or interest.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Farm/CSA Coordinator Application’ in the email subject line.
Deadline to apply: Review of applications and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org