Greenlion Farms, in Armstrong BC, is seeking a Principal Greenhouse Grower!
Our operation is an indoor, hydroponic, vertical farm system. We will be growing a variety of lettuce, herbs, and micro greens. We are in a rural setting, therefore your own transportation is required. The growing containers that we use are automated and controlled using an online platform. We have a brokerage system in place to coordinate sales through major distributors.
Green Lion Farms Ltd. is a family operated business committed to growing clean, fresh, and pesticide free produce year round in the Okanagan valley with a state of the art indoor system called CubicFarm Systems Corp. We are not a certified organic farm. The hydroponic system cannot be considered for organic status.
We are looking for a detail oriented individual with a strong background in agricultural sciences with proven work experience in a related field. Flexibility in tasks and working well with different personalities is an absolute must. Coordination of schedules, tasks and organization of documentation is critical. The right candidate will have a passion for growing plants as well as the troubleshooting that coincides with such processes.
- Monitor the machine operation and perform in-process check, making adjustments as necessary.
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Global Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions.
- Responsible for conducting pre-operational checks on equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift approximately 25 lbs. of weight
- Capable of troubleshooting basic farm equipment and resolving minor issues.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure all tasks are completed correctly.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills, and organizational ability required.
- Must be able to work-independently and be a self-starter.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and be willing to travel periodically to complete tasks.
- Ability to deal with moderate levels of stress is required
- Experience working with supplementary lighting, plant nutrition and climate control systems is an asset
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Knowledge of Global GAP an asset.
Term: Start date is approximately January 11, 2021. This is a permanent, full time position with salary and extended medical coverage.
Weekly hours: As a full time employee, hourly requirements of around 40-45 per week are expected. Fluctuations are to be expected during times of harvesting. Flexibility is needed with hours ranging from early morning to evening, including some weekend shifts.
Wage: Salary of up to $70,000 depending on education and experience.
Extended medical included.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lesley@greenlionfarms.ca
Certifications that will be required upon start date of position include:
- Food Safe Level 1
- First Aid Level 1
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org