Positions Farm Hand (2) 1 from May-December, 1 from June-October
Location Ladner, BC
You would be a self motivated, results orientated person with a positive attitude who can work comfortably in a fast paced farm environment. You would enjoy being outside, working as a part of a team, doing various farm related tasks and like to get your hands dirty and enjoy an honest days work.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- propagation: seeding/planting/transplanting
- weeding vegetables by hand or with tools
- harvesting, washing, bagging vegetables
- general farm maintenance
- care of greenhouse crops: winding/pruning/picking
- packing CSA boxes
- other duties as they arise
• Strong work ethic
• Attention to detail and quality
• Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift up to 20Kg
• Able to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, sleet or snow!)
• Must have reliable means of transport (nearest bus route is 8km)
Position 1: May to December 2014 with some flexibility with dates and a strong possibility for long-term employment and advancement.
Position 2: June (May if preferred) to October 2014 with some flexibility with dates and a strong possibility for long-term employment and advancement.
• Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week with the possibility of extended hours and weekend work as needed.
• Wage: $11.00-13.00/hour depending on experience plus farm veggies and flowers.
Cropthorne Farm is a Certified Organic Family Farm located on Westham Island, just outside of Ladner, BC. We grow a wide variety of crops, as well as eggs from our happy pastured hens. We cultivate 10 acres of land as well as grow in poly greenhouses. We sell our produce via five weekly farmers markets, a farm stand and a 100 member CSA. We are passionate young farmers who love what we do and are excited to share our knowledge with others. In 2014 we won BC’s Outstanding Younger Farmer Award!
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
4362 Tamboline Road, Delta BC V4K 3N2