You’re invited to a Farm Tour at Dirt Boys Urban Farm in Calgary, Alberta. Welcome to all who are interested in a tour of the urban farm plot and seacan cooler and discussions about regenerative farming and urban agriculture.
Dirt Boys Urban farming has been running for about 6 years, though this is the second year that Michael has been running the farm. It was originally started by Dennis Scaland who also was a founding member of YYCGrowers farming co-op. The goal of Dirtboys is to grow produce for the Calgary community, which is mainly sold through a Community Supported Agriculture program as well as through YYCGrowers. The other goal of Dirtboys is to help community members in Calgary grow their own food. This is mainly through building and consulting on people’s gardens as well as giving workshops, farm tours, and having conversations with members and visitors. Dirtboys produces a wide range of vegetables and some fruit (tomatoes and few berries), as well as wildflower bouquets and seed for CSA members.
DATE: Saturday, August 7 , 2021 • 1 PM (MT)
LOCATION: 4411 Manitoba Rd SE, Calgary AB T2N 4B9
REGISTER: Please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
SCHEDULE (times are approximate): 45 minute tour + Q & A
PARKING: There is a parking lot with ample spaces as well as free street parking next to the farm.
BRING: Bottle of water, sunscreen or hat, snacks, questions. Optional: face mask.
FACILITIES: There is no public washroom on the farm site. However, there is a Shell station and other establishments nearby with washroom and hand-washing facilities.
- Please stay home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, OR if you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are completing a period of self-isolation as mandated by public health, OR if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Refer to the Alberta Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool for more information.
- Masks are not required, but bring one to wear if you’d like.
- If provincial health guidelines for events change, we will update our event page.
- This event is free and open to everyone! Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
- Join our Young Agrarians Alberta Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and share the Facebook event!