You’re invited to a farm tour at 4 Elements Farm in Oyama, BC!
Sarah and Michael have been farming for 14 years. They started with a 1/2 acre garden, then expanded onto a neighbouring property with an additional 3 acres of leased land. In 2020 they purchased a new property and are currently farming 3 acres of mixed vegetables and developing a small fruit and nut orchard. Don’t miss the chance to ask these experienced organic farmers all your questions!
DATE: Sunday, September 12, 2021 • 4-7pm
LOCATION: Syilx (Okanagan) Territory. 15530 Sawmill Rd, Lake Country, BC V4V 2E2
REGISTER: Due to COVID-19, we require registration for our events so we can limit the number of attendees to allow for physical distancing. PLEASE REGISTER HERE TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
SCHEDULE (times are approximate):
5:30-7 Picnic and Social time
BRING: Bring your own picnic! Please bring a chair or blanket to sit on for the intro circle. Dress for the weather. Optional: face mask.
- Please stay home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, OR if you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are completing a period of self-isolation as mandated by public health, OR if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Refer to the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool for more information.
- We welcome cancellations at any time – you can do so through Eventbrite, through the link in your registration confirmation email, or by contacting email@example.com. Please let us know if you aren’t able to attend so we can open up a spot to someone else.
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines and keep 6 feet apart from other people.
- Masks are not required, but bring one to wear if you’d like.
- We will have a hand sanitizer station for your use throughout the event. Please refrain from touching tools, pets and livestock, and door handles etc. on the farm.
- If provincial health guidelines for events change, we may cancel the event and you will be notified by email.
- This event is free and open to everyone! Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
Join our Young Agrarians Okanagan Thompson Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events and to connect with your local YA farming community
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox.
ABOUT 4 Elements Farm
4 Elements farm is a certified organic family farm, founded in 2008 by Sarah Martel and Michael Weinman. They started small in Westwold, BC and expanded to 3 acres with the addition of neighbouring leased land. They focused on cold hardy crops such as carrots, beets, onions, potatoes and garlic.
As their family grew along with their skills, they decided they needed more space, for both our farming practices and our family. In 2020 they moved to their current location in Oyama. They are excited to grow some new-to-them crops such as asparagus, sweet potatoes, corn and hopefully some fruit and nut trees in the near future.
For the farmers, organic farming is a commitment to the environment and a way of life. They enjoy providing healthy sustainable food for local families while living a holistic lifestyle.
Learn more about 4 Elements Farm: