Position: Organic Farm Worker
Type: Paid Employment on an Organic Farm
Organization: Nour-ish Farm
Location: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island, BC (between Nanaimo & Courtenay)
About Nour-ish farm:
We are a certified organic farm growing a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, legumes and some berries. Our 14 acre farm is our little sanctuary and we work very hard growing food on about 1.5 acres and currently are building soil to expand our growing areas along with several building projects to continue to develop our farm. We are passionate about what we do and we hope to share our experiences and farm with someone who shares the same interests.
The ideal fit for our farm is someone that is interested in organic farming, has a friendly cheerful personality, sense of humor and is motivated with lots of good energy.
As well, we are looking for someone that is:
- Punctual and reliable
- Prepared to come to work with proper work attire and is able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work quick paced but diligent
- A non smoker
- Comfortable around dogs
Duties and responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Soil preparations
- Bending, walking, lifting, crouching, long periods of standing
- Repetitive task
- Greenhouse growing
- Possibility of working a farmers market booth
Duration: April 15 – October 15, 2016 (approx) 8-10hr days, 3 days a week (Sunday or Monday, Wednesday and Friday) with the possibility of some extra hours or additional days of work depending on the season ahead.
Please send resume to: nourishfarm @ gmail.com
Please include with your resume two work related references and answers to the following questions in a cover letter:
1) Why does this job interest you?
2) Tell us a bit about yourself & any other relevant skills. Eg. certificates, likes/dislikes, etc.
3) Do you have any physical limitations to perform any of the above mentioned farm duties?
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.