Earth Temple Gardens has an opening for an apprentice who is interested in organic farming, has a friendly and cheerful personality, a sense of humour, loves food, and is motivated with lots of energy.
Position: Organic Farm Apprenticeship with accommodation, food, stipend, more (See below)
Organization: Earth Temple Gardens
Location: Argenta BC (North of Nelson BC)
About Temple Earth Gardens: Located at the North end of Kootenay Lake, we are a young farm now entering our fourth season. We sell our certified organic produce made up of mixed vegetables, directly to wholesale clients with a retail custom box delivery program and we participate in the Kaslo farmer’s market. Our market extends from the top of the lake down to the Nelson area.
We see this position for someone who is serious about walking the path of an organic farmer, willing to work hard with a passion towards the realities of our environment and who is interested in investing their time towards their future.
As well: we are looking for someone who is:
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Comfortable around animals
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greenhouse growing/operations
- Seeding/transplanting/weeding/harvesting and watering
- Soil preparations
- Working a farmers market stand
April 1 – October 30, 2016 (approx. 8-10hr days / 5-5.5 days a week)
Room and board with a stipend of $75.00/week based upon a 40 hour work week.
Provided in a Boler trailer with a sleeping area, heat, water and a cook stove. This unit is located a few steps from the home where there is a full bathroom with a bathtub/shower, toilet and sink, plus laundry washing machine. Our residence in not on farmed land but is close to our gardens.
What we offer:
- You will experience our operation learning how to manage, fieldwork and office work, which includes spreadsheets for planting, planning, sales and expenses.
- We commit and will invest our time with you sharing what we have learned over past years of organic farming.
Please tell us about yourself:
- What skills do you have?
- Do you have any building skills are you handy with a hammer, do you have any knowledge of machinery, or would you like to learn?
- Why are you interested in farming, what has brought to this point?
- Write a brief bio or resume and send it to: email@example.com