You’re invited to a socially-distanced Land Linking workshop at Rolla Pub! If you’re curious about what land matching and sharing is all about, join us for the event. Central & Northern B.C. Land Matcher Jolene Swain will highlight key considerations for farmers and farmland holders, as well as the support available through the B.C. Land Matching Program.
DATE: Saturday August 22, 2020 • 3:30 – 5:30pm
LOCATION: Treaty 8 First Nations Territory. 5187 Rolla Rd, Rolla, BC V0C 2G0
REGISTER: Due to COVID-19, we have limited spaces and require registration for our events so we can manage the number of attendees to allow for physical distancing. Please register here.
SCHEDULE: (times are approximate)
3:30 – Introduction by NEAT’s Northern Co-hort (Northern Environmental Action Team) 4:00 – B.C. Land Matching Program & Land Leasing Overview by Young Agrarians
4:45 – Introduction Circle & Networking
Producers (and farmers-to-be) of all types are welcome, whether you grow veggies, raise animals (or bees!), or have some other farming project in mind. We encourage all landholders to join us, whether you’ve just started thinking about the possibility of making land available to lease, or you’ve already put a ton of thought into your vision for your land. Questions about this event, or about the B.C. Land Matching Program? Reach out to our Central & Northern B.C. Land Matcher Jolene Swain at email@example.com.
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of illness, or have been in contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients. We welcome cancellations at any time (you can do so through eventbrite or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines and keep 6 feet apart from other people. No handshakes or hugs please!
- Masks are not required, but bring one to wear if you’d like.
- We will have a hand sanitizer station for your use throughout the event.
- If provincial health guidelines for events change, we may cancel the event and you will be notified by email
- Light refreshments will be provided
- This event is free and open to anyone, though registration numbers are limited – please RSVP!
Join our Young Agrarians Central & Northern BC Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and share the Facebook event!
ABOUT THE CO-HOSTS
Introducing the Northern Co-Hort, a new division of the Northern Environmental Action Team (NEAT)! They are dedicated to engaging our regional agriculture and horticulture producers to determine what supports are needed to generate a sustainable community of land users in the north!
Rolla, settled in 1912, was the home of some of the South Peace’s first immigrant homesteaders, and the Pub, once known as the Columbia Hotel, began its life in 1920. Now a century old, the Rolla Pub is a pillar of the farming community in the region.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN CENTRAL & NORTHERN BC
Not able to join us for this event? Fear not! Here’s a quick look at the dates and places we’ll be visiting this season:
GOT LAND? WANT LAND?
Through the B.C. Land Matching Program, Young Agrarians offers support to farmers looking for land for their farm business, and landholders looking for farmers to farm their land. We’ve made more than 81 matches on over 4,600 acres to date! The Central & Northern BC Land Matcher will be attending the event to answer any questions about accessing or offering land through this program. For those unable to join us, you can send a message to email@example.com for more information.
The B.C. Land Matching Program is funded in Central and Northern B.C. by the Province of British Columbia, with support from the Real Estate Foundation of B.C. and Patagonia.