ABOUT THE LAND
The property itself is over 1000 square feet of established, growing beds – plus other areas that could become beds. It is a south facing corner lot in the heart of Fernwood, Victoria, that has been a market garden for the past 10-plus years, with a mix crop of vegetables, some fruit, herbs and flowers. Over the years, it has produced for some of the higher end restaurants in the vicinity, contributed to hearty CSAs, and carried out solid farm-gate sales to the high volume of pedestrian traffic on their way to the theatres, restaurants, and shops in Fernwood Village.
- 1000 sqft of growing beds – south facing, 90% full sun, 10% sun/shade mix
- commercial-grade irrigation system – drip lines and overhead sprinklers with zones and timers
- very fertile soil with comprehensive soil testing recently done
- 3-bin composter, in production
- growing shed with hydroponic lights, temperature control, radiant heat under growing bench
- farming tools
- fully fenced, with drive-in gate
- farm stand with City of Victoria business license.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This opportunity is a “turn key” urban farming opportunity looking for a keen, motivated, experienced grower ready to jump into small scale, high yield growing. It includes accommodation (large private bedroom in shared household with owner/older child/cat).
QUALIFICATIONS, AND GET IN TOUCH!
Who you are:
- experienced grower wanting to do intensive food/flower growing and selling
- committed to organic practices
- enjoy community and clean living
- mature in nature
This is a one year/season opportunity with possibility of extension. For further information, please contact Jelena Putnik at firstname.lastname@example.org