Kwantlen Polytechnic University Farm Schools is accepting applications for their 2021 Tsawwassen First Nation and Richmond Farm School programs!
All backgrounds and experiences welcome, no prerequisites required.
Click Here to Apply – kpu.ca/farmschools
KPU Farm Schools consists of Tsawwassen First Nation and Richmond. Each farm school offers its own distinct 7-8 month program that provides students with a strong foundation in the principals and practices of regenerative farming. These programs focus on hands on, experiential learning alongside industry professionals, supported by classroom learning to prepare students for a career in the industry.
Which Farm School is right for you?
Tsawwassen First Nation Farm School
The Tsawwassen First Nation Farm School (TFNFS) is a partnership between KPU and Tsawwassen First Nation and is an intensive immersion into high production farming within a diversity of topics and specialties. Our certified organic farm is both an educational and working farm that sells its products through various Vancouver Farmers Markets, restaurants and a 100+ member CSA produce box program.
Full-time Program Details:
- 7 months, 3-4 days per week
- April through October
- 350 hours of field-based learning and 250 hours of classroom learning
- Incorporates an Indigenous perspective to food systems
- 20-acre site with vegetable, livestock and perennial crop production and incubator plots
- Multiple 1/4 to 1/2 acre blocks are reserved for Incubator farmers after graduation
- Certified organic production farm selling vegetables, fruit, eggs and meat to the local community
Richmond Farm School
The Richmond Farm School (RFS) is an educational and working farm that focuses on lean urban farming – small-scale, intensive, high value, and cost-effective crop production with minimal infrastructure and capital investment.
Part-time Program Details:
- 8 months, 1 day per week March through October
- 250 hours of experiential field-based learning, supplemented with classroom learning
- 6-acre site showcasing small-scale, high value, intensive vegetable, herb and cut flower production
- Multiple 1/4 acre blocks are reserved for Incubator farmers after graduation
Visit the individual program pages for more information: