The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) in Vernon, BC is seeking to hire a temporary accreditation administrator to cover maternity leave for 12-18 months. The Administrator works closely with the COABC Accreditation Board Director. This is a part time position, 28 hours per week, Monday to Thursday. The position will be based out of our Vernon office with a starting wage of $20.00 per hour.
COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. COABC views the organic certification system as an effective way to move agricultural production to more sustainable methods. The organization also supports activities that contribute to a strong organic community in BC.
The COABC offers 3 different types of accreditation through the British Columbia Certified Organic Program (BCCOP): COR (Canada Organic Regime), Regional and Low Risk. More information can be found on our website: http://www.certifiedorganic.bc.ca/standards/accreditation.php
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in Quality Management Systems eg. ISO 17011, document control
- Experience working in a non-profit office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and be a team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction
- Self-motivated; ability to multi-task
- Experience taking meeting minutes
- Excellent computer skills: word processing, database and Internet/email account management, Excel, Windows and Adobe
- Familiarity with the Canada Organic Standard or willingness to learn
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain document control system (ie. policies, procedures, etc)
- Administrative tasks relating to accreditation, such as correspondence, minutes, filing, maintaining lists and forms
- Manage new AB Members postings, forms, manual
- Correspond with certification bodies and track questions
- Plan and prepare for internal audit and management review activities
- Plan & prepare for Accreditation Board meetings (date/time, logistics, agenda and document prep)
- Work with Accreditation Board Director to undertake surveillance activities for certification bodies (annual reports, certificates, document reviews, audits, etc.)
- Send certificates, contracts. Manage correspondence and tracking logs.
- Manage and track accreditation complaints. Work with Accreditation Board Director to comply with CFIA requirements (reports, document reviews, audits). Distribute and track CFIA memos, directives, findings etc
- Act as contact for Organic Enforcement officer
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to:
Deadline for applications April 25, 2019. Approximate start date May 13, 2019.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Learn More About COABC
SEE MORE FARM JOBS AND APPRENTICESHIPS ON OUR BLOG.