Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots is hiring a seasonal Christmas Tree Lot Manager, Assistant Manager, & Tree Lot Assistants in Vancouver, BC.
As a social enterprise Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots have been raising money to fund programs for over 25 years that helps prevent youth in foster care from becoming homeless.
Aunt Leah’s is currently recruiting for Tree Lot Managers, Assistant Managers, Tree Lot Assistants and Drivers for this Christmas Season. These are contract positions at established Christmas tree Lots in Vancouver, Burnaby, Port Coquitlam, North Vancouver and New Westminster.
The Tree Lot Managers are responsible for the overall operations of the designated tree lot.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Tree Lot set up and take down
- Daily opening and closing of the tree lot
- Tree Lots Inventory Management
- Tree Sales and up-selling, selling and wrapping
- Managers are required to supervise and orientate the tree lot volunteers
- Daily reconciliation and reporting
- Cash Handling
- Delivery schedules management
Ideal candidates possess:
- Relevant combination of experience with general suitability
- 1-2 years’ experience with working with the public
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Drivers and Tree Lot Assistants require a driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Criminal Record Check Clearance is required
- Adheres to the Aunt Leah’s Code of Ethics
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including week-ends
- Physical ability to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
- Operate hand tools — saw, loppers
- Cash handling experience
- Outstanding Customer Service skills
Contract workers must be able to commit to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and be available to work evenings and week-ends for a 5 week period. These are CONTRACT positions that will be begin in November and run to early January. Some positions will require access to a vehicle, which mileage will be paid out as part of the contract.
For more info, please visit Aunt Leah’s careers page.
To apply, simply email your resume and cover letter to:
Jennifer McFarlane – Human Resources Coordinator
Please INDICATE the position you are applying for and the location you would like to work in the subject line.
Application deadline is October 19, 2016.