Job Posting for Event Coordinator Contract for BC Organic Conference 2020
The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to contract an experienced event coordinator to work closely with a committee to plan and host a three day conference in February 2020. The COABC Conference provides educational and networking opportunities for new and established organic operators, as well as those keen to learn more about the world of organic farming.
The Contractor shall be responsible for:
Administration, Finances and Communication:
• Scheduling and attending teleconference meetings with the Conference Team
• Budget preparation and record keeping to ensure conference remains within budget
• Assisting in securing grant funds
• Reporting to the COABC Executive Director of Operations throughout the process
• Submitting a final report of the conference to be posted on the COABC website, a final budget and a survey evaluation summary.
• Conference communications, including the conference program booklet, social media
promotion, newsletters, advertising, and ensuring that the website is up to date and accurate.
Conference Planning and Programming:
• Developing a conference program and including booking seminar speakers, coordinating
dignitaries and preparing the MC.
• Organizing tradeshow exhibitors, layout and information packages
• Managing the online registration process
• Coordinating conference information packages
• Coordinating the silent auction
• Proving on-site management of the all conference aspects such as volunteers, daycare
coverage, registration, rooms assignments, seminars and meals and audio visual needs
Venue and Food Coordination:
• Venue and catering relations including menu creation, food coordination and delivery
according to timelines
• Soliciting food donations from the organic community
The Contractor shall possess the following qualifications:
• Proven ability to coordinate an event of this scope
• Sound knowledge of the organic principles and community
• Ability to fundraise and secure local sponsorships
• Proven management and financial skills
• Flexibility and good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in all formats including electronic, by phone and in person
• Maintain an office independent of the COABC
The term of this contract shall be from July 15, 2019 until April 15th, 2020. The contract total is $8100, which will be paid out over the contract duration. The contract also includes an incentive of 10% of a final surplus. There is an opportunity to plan future conferences as well.
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume, and 3 references to
Deadline for applications –June 20th, 2019.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.