Regeneration Canada is seeking an experienced Community Engagement Coordinator to develop, implement, and coordinate their community engagement strategy for both members and volunteers. The Coordinator will also be responsible for organizing webinars and other educational activities.
ABOUT REGENERATION CANADA
Regeneration Canada is a non-profit organization that promotes the regeneration of soil health, in order to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity, improve water cycles, and support a more productive and fair food system.
They strive towards this goal by raising awareness and mobilizing Canadians about the potential of reversing climate change through regenerative soil management, and about the ways each one of us can contribute. Their activities include developing an interdisciplinary network through our membership, educational workshops, communications activities (social media, web series, awareness campaigns), presentations at events, as well as hosting the Living Soils Symposium, an international national event.
About the Community Engagement Coordinator Position
They are looking for a colleague who is driven by the cause of soil regeneration and the fight against climate change, and who has a desire to make a difference. The desired candidate has a collaborative spirit and enjoys working on a team. The person enjoys leading discussions, is friendly and able to connect with a diverse group of people. The candidate also has great organizational capacity and is comfortable at taking on administrative tasks.
The candidate must be committed to reflecting on diversity, equity and inclusion at both the individual and organizational levels.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating Regeneration Canada’s community engagement strategy for both members and volunteers. The Coordinator will also be responsible for organizing webinars and other educational activities.
Specific Tasks Include:
Coordination of activities related to the members and partners network
- Act as the main point of contact for members and partners;
- Participate in the development of the engagement strategy with members and partners;
- On a monthly basis, organize and facilitate members’ meetings (virtual);
- Manage the member online platform and facilitate discussions;
- Develop and update the member’s directory;
- Complete administrative tasks related to the intake of new members and partners.
Organization of educational webinars
- Participate in the development of the annual webinar program, approximately 8 webinars per year;
- Book and coordinate speakers;
- Manage the registration process;
- Facilitate the webinars and follow up with participants.
- Develop a volunteer engagement and management strategy;
- Update volunteer lists and ensure regular follow-ups.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in French and English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Awareness and knowledge of issues related to agriculture and climate change in Canada;
- Experience facilitating live discussions;
- Experience facilitating an online community;
- Experience managing several different projects at once and meeting deadlines;
- Autonomy, initiative, proactivity and curiosity.
- Experience in the regenerative agriculture movement;
- Experience in organizing events or webinars;
- Experience using diverse online platforms, such as Google Drive, Facebook Workplace, Zoom, Mailchimp, Slack, WordPress;
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Part-time position at 24 hours/week
- Hourly rate of $20 to $22
- 3 weeks vacation per year
- 2 weeks off during the winter holidays
- 3 “regenerative” days of leave per year
- Work/life balance
- Computer provided
- Flexibility in terms of work location and schedule (especially during COVID-19: possibility of working from home or at our Montreal office in a co-working space in the Mile End);
- Start date : April 26 2021.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Those wishing to apply should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line by midnight on April 12, 2021.