IOPA is no longer accepting applications for this position.
Islands Organic Producers Association (IOPA) has posted a new marketing position for Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands region.
The Islands Organic Producers Association is a community of island farmers committed to organic agriculture. IOPA was founded in 1990 as a non-profit association and is a Society incorporated under the British Columbia Society Act as well as an organic Certifying Body accredited by the Certified Organic Associations of British Columbia (COABC).
IOPA’s central mandate is threefold: to assist in the development of certified organic farming in this bioregion; to administer a fair, transparent and strict process to assess the operations of organic producers; and to award certified organic status to those who meet national and local standards. In addition, they work to promote and strengthen sustainable agriculture in general and to establish a cooperative and complementary relationship among organic producers and consumers.
About the Marketing Position
The goals of this position are to recruit new associate members for the organization and to promote organic certification for farmers. This will be achieved through, but not limited to:
- attending a minimum of 2 Agricultural Community Events, (such as Farmer 2 Farmer and Seedy Saturday), as well as;
- organizing a minimum of 2 workshops that are related to promoting Organic Certification, to be presented during relevant community agricultural events.
This is a part-time position. Compensation begins with $1000 for the specified minimum hours of required attendance at community events and workshops in the first year. There is potential for additional monetary growth which can be discussed during the interview process.
The applicant should:
- have knowledge of the Canadian Organic Standards
- be enthusiastic about promoting organic food production
- self-directed, motivated and able to work independently, and;
- be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
If you are interested, please send resume to:
4164 Telegraph Road, Cobble Hill, BC, V0R 1L4