Job Posting for Maternity Leave: Operations Manager
The Manager works closely with the COABC Executive Director. This is a part time position, 28 hours per week, Monday to Thursday. The position will be based out of our Vernon office with a starting wage of $22.00 per hour.
COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. COABC views the organic certification system as an effective way to move agricultural production to more sustainable methods. The organization also supports activities that contribute to a strong organic community in BC.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in management roles
- Experience working in a non-profit office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving skills and be solutions oriented
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions, yet also take direction
- Self-motivation; ability to manage multiple tasks within a timeframe
- Excellent computer skills: word processing, database and Internet/email account management, Sage Accounting, Excel, Windows and Adobe
- Familiarity with the Canada Organic Standard or willingness to learn
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Executive Director to oversee and direct staff and contractors
- Oversee website maintenance and functionality
- Facilitate organizational communications as needed
- Assist with HR as needed; such as, hiring, training, performance reviews, contract maintenance
- Provide support for the new organic online system and database
- Manage COABC books – A/P, A/R, Bank Deposits, Payroll, Benefits, Remittances, Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports quarterly, yearend and as needed otherwise
- Provide project based bookkeeping to manage events and project financials
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget
- Maintain a current Operational Guidelines manual that covers the day-to-day administrative and operational policies
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications May 30, 2019. Approximate start date June 12, 2019.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.