The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant works under the direction of the COABC Executive Director and supports the smooth functioning of the office. This is a part time position based out of our Vernon office with a starting wage of $18.00 per hour.
COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. COABC views the organic certification system as an effective way to move agricultural production to more sustainable methods. The organization also supports activities that contribute to a strong organic community in BC.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Administrative experience in a non-profit office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving skills and be solutions oriented
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions, yet also take direction
- Self-motivation; ability to manage multiple tasks within a timeframe
- Excellent computer skills: word processing, database and Internet/email account management, Sage Accounting, Excel, Windows and Adobe
- Knowledge of the Organic sector and familiarity with the Canada Organic Standards
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General office duties including answering enquiries, mailing, filing, maintaining supplies
- Assist in creating and maintaining organizational documents and manuals
- Facilitate organizational communications as needed
- Assist with office logistics, such as travel booking and communications as needed
- Manage product orders and inventory
- Data entry
- Support board function and provide minute taking
- Compile reports for the office and board
- Manage organizational benefit plan
- Provide support for the new organic online system and database
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to:
Deadline for applications January 6, 2020.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at YoungAgrarians.org.