Contract Posting: Change Management Contractor
The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to hire a professional Change Management Contractor to help guide the organization through the switch to a new online system. The contractor works closely with the COABC Executive Director of Operations as well as other staff and contractors. The contract runs from August 2019 to March 2020, with the possibility of renewal. The contract is approximately 20 hours per week at a rate of $40.00.
COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. COABC views the organic certification system as an effective way to move agricultural production to more sustainable methods. The organization also supports activities that contribute to a strong organic community in BC.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certification in Change Management discipline
- Experience in management roles
- Professional experience in the change management field
- Demonstrated expertise working with diverse stakeholders with a non-judgmental manner
- Ability to establish high functioning working relationships with project team and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand audience(s) and fit messages and communication accordingly
- Flexibility and approachability
- Creative and critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and solutions oriented
- Ability to make decisions yet also take direction
- Ability to make meaningful connections with a variety of people
- Ability to meet timelines within the project setting
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills: word processing, database and Internet/email account management, Excel, Windows and Adobe
- Familiarity with the Canada Organic Standard or willingness to learn
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a project team, including a steering committee and other contractors, to ensure successful completion of the project
- Create and implement a multi-faceted Change Management Plan to enable the wide acceptance amongst members of the new online system project.
- Work with the project manager to align the change management plan to the technical project plan
- Provide a complete written Change Management Plan including tasks and milestones
- Learn a complex online system and provide support to system users
- As part of the Change Management Plan, plan and host training sessions and potentially train the trainer sessions, for a variety of stakeholders around the province that will help them shift from their current way to the future way of interacting with the system
- Host consultations to build opportunities for a broad roll out of the system
- Report to Steering Committee and Board of Directors as necessary
- Assist in identifying and solving concerns with the technical coordinator and software developer from a change management perspective
- Any other duties as assigned related to the contracted activities
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications August 8, 2019
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.