Nour-ish Farm in Qualicum Beach, BC is looking for two Farm Hands for the 2019 season!
ABOUT NOUR-ISH FARM
Nour-ish Farm is a certified organic farm growing a wide variety of vegetables and sell mostly at farmers markets along with a small CSA box program. We are located 7 mins to downtown Qualicum, we are surrounded by hiking/biking trails, have great beaches and lakes close by, awesome mountains to climb, fantastic fishing!
Not only do we take pride in our land and the food we grow but we value our farm hands, and we know that having a team that works well together and where everyone puts in a great effort enables us and our team to end work at a normal time and still enjoy going fishing, hiking, biking or just a walk or swim at the beach. We not only want to help you become a successful new farmer or give you new found skills but we want to show you that you can do those things while still enjoying all the fun things and everything else life has to offer.
Who you are:
- You enjoy physical work outdoors in all weather conditions
- You are able to perform physically demanding jobs, endure heavy lifting, accept repetitive tasks, and be ok with squatting, bending, standing for long periods of time
- You are energetic and have great physical and mental stamina
- You like to hustle, get dirty, you are a team player along with being able to work solo
Are you right for the job?
Experience would be wonderful, but we are more than willing to teach the right individuals. We want you to be part of our team and one skill that is crucial to success in this role is if you have a positive good attitude and full of enthusiasm for growing great food! We do not allow smoking on the farm so if that is a problem, this may not be the place for you. We will give you respect and offer you a great growing season, but we too expect the same from you when it comes to showing up for work on time to just the little things like taking direction for tasks to be done.
What you will be doing and responsible for:
- bed preparation, shoveling, raking, irrigation
- greenhouse growing, pruning, staking
- possibly working farmers markets
- poultry and pig care and chores
- farm infrastructure projects, farm maintenance, flower care, mowing, weed whacking grass or weeds
- willing to learn to operate a walking tractor (BCS)
- seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting
Term: March 18th or April 8th, 2019 until mid October (somewhat flexible on start date if we have at least one person starting the earlier). Full time, seasonal position
Weekly hours: 40 hours a week
Wage: Wages: $14/hour + 4% vacation pay
On farm accommodation is available and details can be discussed during an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put in the subject line: “I want to farm”
Learn more about Nour-ish Farm
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.