Puddle Produce Farm in Soda Creek, BC (near Williams Lake) is seeking a Farm Hand!
Puddle Produce Farm
Puddle Produce Farm is a 1.5 acre transitioning certified organic vegetable farm based in Soda Creek. Operations are from late March to mid-October every year. Products are sold at local farmers markets, through a weekly box program (CSA), and retail. We are looking for a fast, fun, and eager student to help us get the veggies out there! There are also comfortable on-farm accommodations for the successful candidate.
- no education required, but must have a genuine interest in gardening or farming
- candidates must be attending or returning to school in the fall
- must be fast, durable, and independent: this job requires speed, lots of heavy lifting, and the need to be left alone when required
- a vehicle is required to get to and from the farm
- Turning beds over to new crops
- Harvest/process crops for markets/CSA
- Clean/prep equipment
- Produce packaging and sorting
- Assist with market set-up and sales
Term: July 7-Aug 31, 2019
Hours: 30-35 hrs/wk
Wage: $14.50/hr – 30-35 hrs/wk
Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume: tell me a bit about yourself, why you’d like to do the work, and what skills and abilities you have that would be applicable to the position. Two references will also be required after the initial screening process. To apply, or for more info: 778.961.0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please mention you found this job posting on YoungAgrarians.org.
Learn More about Puddle Produce Farm