Ignatius Farm in Guelph, ON is seeking a Farm Educator!
About Ignatius Farm
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic produce for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers’ markets, local businesses and service agencies. The programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships and farmer training, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and several annual community events.
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre (IJC) is a not for profit charity situated on 600 acres of woodlands, wetlands and farmland just outside of Guelph Ontario. IJC welcomes all and is home to Loyola Retreat House & Ignatian Training, Ignatius Farm and the Ignatius Old-Growth Forest.
Are you passionate and ecologically-minded? The Ignatius Farm’s vision actively supports community food systems, innovative regenerative crop production, eco-spirituality, community shared agriculture, and farm education!
- Experiential education, ecological or regenerative agriculture, greenhouse production, soils, ecology, community food systems
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and capable of achieving deliverables within timelines.
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office suite, newsletter software & social media
- Commitment to Health & Safety mindfulness
- Full understanding of community building
- Assets: Valid G class drivers licence, First Aid/CPR
The Farm Educator’s key role will be to coordinate Farm education and training programs, and support community outreach.
- To develop and pilot a collaborative, flexible training program for aspiring farmers
- Work with our partners Everdale and EFAO to create, deliver, and evaluate the new program
- Coordinate Ignatius Farm Internship
- Deliver trainings for Ignatius Farm field interns, volunteers and field workers
- Outreach: In farm ecosystems and promotion within the community
- Provide educational experiences for external groups
- Create educational content for all marketing materials
Term: December 2, 2019 – February 28, 2021
Hours: 40 hours per week average
Wage: $2700/month; small CSA share as Farm Staff benefit
Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 15, 2019.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Learn More About Ignatius Farm
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.