Grovenland Farm in Lanigan, Saskatchewan is hiring a farm hand for the 2020 season!
About Grovenland Farm
We have three quarter sections (480 acres total) that we use for yard, gardens, pasture and hay land. We transitioned the farm into what we see today about 9 years ago.
We are two households, 2 generations of family farming together, with the 3rd generation “in training”. We hired our first staff last season, but have hosted WWOOFers for many years.
- Primary responsibilities are to tend to the garden work, but we are looking for someone who wants to learn about all aspects of the farm, from the gardens, to livestock care, handling and butchering, to marketing.
- We want someone who is willing to learn, as we enjoy teaching.
- We want someone who is hard working and physically able to do manual labour.
- Someone who is flexible and handle changes in tasks as they sometimes abruptly happen on the farm.
- We want someone who wants to be part of the farm family, as we have 3 children, and 4 adults (plus occasional volunteers) on the farm who eat many meals together and share the work load.
- Drivers license is an asset (rural and no public transportation).
- Ages 18-30 an asset because we may be getting a grant that allows for partial funding of a youth position.
- Primary Responsibilities in the garden, including soil prep, seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, packaging, food preservation
- Animal care: feeding of pigs, chickens, rotating cattle to new pastures
- Fencing: putting up temporary fencing or repairing
- Butchering of chickens on farm, collecting eggs
- Attending farmers market or assisting with deliveries
Room and Board
Room and Board is available. Room consists of a 30′ camper trailer next to the farm house. Has kitchen, power, and cold water, outhouse. Bathroom in the house is also available for use.
Food: Eat together with family for supper, mainly of food produced on our farm. You may be asked to help prepare the main meal occasionally. Prepare your own breakfast and lunch in house or camper.
Learn More About Grovenland Farm