The Golden Eagle Farm Group in Pitt Meadows, BC is seeking a Logistics Intern for the 2019 season.
Golden Eagle Farm Group
Golden Eagle Group operates a variety of recreational and agricultural businesses within the single largest land holding in the Greater Vancouver Area. Its passion for diversity and growth has given rise to two lush 18-hole golf courses, a standing period western town movie set, real estate, and a 400-acre hardwood tree nursery. The Group also owns and manages one of the world’s larger blueberry enterprises, as well as a similar scale operation of cranberry fields at the foot of the Thompson and Cascade Mountains.
Much of its success is largely due to its management expertise and ideal location. A dedicated and skilled team invests much time and energy to realize Golden Eagle Group’s long-term viability while ensuring consistent customer satisfaction. Whereas our geographic position allows us to draw on the Valley’s famed rich soil, mild weather, and fresh water to provide our customers with the most prized products in North America.
Named after the golden eagles that inhabit the region, Golden Eagle Group is a comprehensive private partnership formed by the Aquilini Investment Group. It’s mandate is to beneficially hold and operate nearly 5000 acres of prime agricultural land in beautiful Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle and/or bike to commute to and from the farm (public transportation is not an option)
- Current post-secondary student or recent graduate of a university program in a related field, such as agriculture, business, logistics, management or human resources
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly self-motivated team player who is good at taking initiative
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work extended and flexible hours as dictated by seasonal demands
The logistics intern will work collaboratively with the team assisting with day-to-day operations and tasks on the farm. The role offers a tremendous opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, gaining valuable experience and knowledge in the fields of agriculture, people development, and business development. Participation in a number of summer projects during the work term will help develop transferable skills.
Term: Effective May 1, 2019 for four months
Hours: Full time
Wage: Our interns are paid according to minimum wage standards.
Please upload your resume when completing the online job application. All applicants are asked to apply directly on our website at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/CAN5003AQG/JobBoard/5c6d9d30-6280-4162-8fd3-84de66235ad9/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=5f2d4aae-495a-4b13-b41f-c43decf10056
Learn More About Golden Eagle Farm Group
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.