Fresh Roots Farm is looking to ideally hire a summer student (18 yrs+), or alternatively a non-student, willing to help our family with farm work this Spring and/or Summer.
Tasks may include:
– working with livestock (cattle, sheep) and poultry (laying hens)
– working in our apiary with bees
– building, maintaining and moving fences for livestock
– helping tend to family vegetable garden
– gathering and cartoning eggs from pastured poultry operation
– collection of honey supers and honey extraction/bottling in our processing facility
An ideal candidate will be willing to work hard, willing to learn and can work independently, as well as on a team.
We are seeking someone who can commit to living at our farm near Cartwright, MB (private accommodations offered) for a minimum of 4 weeks, either:
– during June
– mid-July to mid-August or end of August
We will consider applicants who wish to stay for one or both periods of time.
Due to COVID-19, we have some expectations from the applicant and will provide a safe workplace, as well.
For more information, please inquire by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.