St. Brigids Dairy in Brussels, Huron County, Ontario is seeking a Forage, Pasture and Organic Crop Manager!
ABOUT St. Brigids Dairy
St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd, is a 300 organic Jersey cow dairy managed on 1200+ acres of land. The farm has started a value-added butter business utilizing outside co-packers to process premium Grassfed Organic Jersey butter. The farm is located just a mile from a town that is a very nice community in rural Huron County. Nearby options for schooling, shopping, supplies. Local hiking trails and Maitland River suitable for canoeing.
This position is all pasture, forage and feeding operations related to dairy feedstuffs and will oversee inventory and pasture requirements during the growing season.
St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd, has been selected to become a Savory Hub Candidate. As such applicant must have an interest in Holistic Management as we build the St. Brigid’s Savory Hub with a team effort. The farm is also certified organic.
- Experience operating modern farm equipment a must, familiar with dairy and forage operations preferred
- Technical knowledge of GPS, auto-steer and precision farming
- Dedicated and willing to work long hours during peak seasons, 60 hrs. a week, Peak Forage season is GO time
- Routine maintenance and mechanic ability
- 2-3 years of leadership and management experience is needed
- Hard working, team player, strong communicator, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, motivated, and honest
- Experience in pasturing, rotation, and Organic cropping
- Familiar with Holistic Planning (Grazing, Financial, Land Planning), or willing to learn. Willingness to jump in and assist when and where needed is a must
- Strong financial acumen
St. Brigid’s Dairy is searching for a good Forage and Organic Production Farm Manager for our Organic, Pasture based progressive Jersey Dairy Farm. This person needs to know what it takes to get milk from Forage based rations (no Corn Silage), have experience with large modern farm machinery and have and truly enjoys cattle grazing and Regenerative Agriculture. The farm provides Pasture and Zero Graze supplementation using Pottinger and Schuitemaker loader wagons during the summer. The manager will keep forage systems running efficiently. This person will work in a team environment, able to work long hours during peak season, must be dedicated, and have common sense. This position also involves feeding both during the winter time with TMR, and the summer feeding with Zero Graze
Wage: Salary will be determined by experience, stability, and references and negotiated with benefits as needed. Salary range: $ – $75,000. Housing benefit, value $1500-$2000/month.
This position offers advancement opportunities in pay and additional management as the person becomes familiar with the business. This is a progressive operation looking for the right person committed to long-term employment, and a real possibility for profit sharing. St. Brigid’s Dairy has an open LMIA for Farm Manager, to attract eligible international candidates at $24 CDN/Hr. Expect 60 hours/week, plus long hours during Forage GO time. LMIA offers two-year contract. Note the $24 existing LMIA. The wage may be increased with desirable qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org