The Capital Region Food and Agriculture Initiatives Roundtable (CRFAIR) in Victoria, BC is recruiting a Communications and Engagement Coordinator!
CRFAIR is a not-for-profit community based organization that acts as a coordinating backbone to a network of food, farm and health organizations (The Good Food Network) that are working to promote healthy and sustainable food systems in the Capital Region. To learn more about our work, visit www.crfair.ca . Currently, we are seeking a resourceful, creative, detail-oriented person who can see the big picture and work as part of a busy team to get the job done. We manage many projects and relationships in a complex work environment that requires both careful planning and the ability to respond to changing conditions. This position in our team will animate and drive media and communications for the organization, be responsible for working with the team to deliver a range of outreach and engagement activities facilitating various events, meetings and conferences. A key focus of your work will be engagement of the diverse actors of the Good Food Network and to support the delivery of the annual Good Food Summit. With the current conditions we are looking for someone who is well versed in on-line engagement tools and platforms. Responsibilities will also include support for writing, editing, and layout of program and network reports and newsletters.
Role and Responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications and Engagement Coordinator will work with the CRFAIR Team to implement and oversee all communications and to provide event and engagement logistics support to various initiatives. In addition the position will also include animation of the Good Food Network and organization of the Good Food Summit.
- Update and deliver organizational Communications Strategy
- Engage media, online and print resources required to support, implement, and manage CRFAIR communication, marketing and public relations initiatives
- All organizational communication channels and engagement platforms:
- Maintain, update, and develop the CRFAIR website , including integration of other existing project based websites.
- Craft compelling content for all web and social media channels , and post/schedule them accordingly.
- Create and send e-blasts , the monthly newsletter and Annual Report.
- Increase integration of these and other engagement platforms for efficiency and consistency
- Organize roundtables and meetings as required including outreach, logistics, documentation and follow up
- Event logistic support includes overseeing event development, advisory management, timetable, communications, budgets, programs, and event sponsorship, while ensuring that event policies and safety protocols are met in all phases of delivery. A major deliverable will be the organisation of the annual Good Food Summit.
- Outreach to local community to build the Good Food Network
- Will be required to develop and supervise volunteers, and work with student interns and CRFAIR contractors
- May be required to work with advisory committees and partners to obtain input and coordinate multi-partner supported activities and communications
- Support the Youth Coordinator with monthly events, meetings, and leadership development
- Two years’ experience in a nonprofit setting working as part of a team
- Related experience working with key communications platforms including social media, webpages, online newsletters, and client management systems
- The ideal candidate will have experience in implementing a team based communication strategy with considerable experience working with social media
- Proven graphic design work for print and web as well as development of digital medias
- Experience with special events and related fundraising, including having secured sponsorship and organized larger events (70 plus participants)
- Have engaged, supervised and retained volunteers
- Experience with community engagement with a focus on promoting inclusivity and cultural safety
- Budget management experience is an asset.
- Degree or diploma in marketing , community development, or engagement considered an asset
- Understanding and knowledge of the region, organizations, local government and other key actors related to regional food systems would also be important
- Experience working with youth an asset
- Sense of humour and positivity are two attributes we look for in a CRFAIR team member
- Extraordinary multi-tasker who is detailed oriented and extremely organized
- Ability to stay grounded and find balance in mission based work environment
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team, and also be self-directed and resourceful while working independently
- Creative with sensitivity to organizational mission and audience in communications work
- Strong technical ability with diverse communications, engagement and project management software (Zoom Video conference, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, EventBrite, Trello, Google Drive, Client Management Software etc.)
- Proficient in social media (Facebook for business, Instagram for business, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc.)
- Solid graphic design skills (brochures, posters, infographics)
- Ability to edit and create short video clips for social media
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong writing ability and fluency in English
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Use of a vehicle is required -Valid BC Drivers License
Criminal Record Check (will be working with youth under 18)
Start date: Start Date is September 2, 2020. May be required to work irregular hours (days/evenings/weekends)
Wage: Compensation is up to $25 per hour depending upon experience, additional benefits.
Hours: The position will average 20-37.5 hours of work per week with actual hours varying considerably according to event planning and delivery cycles.
Must be able to work from home or our Victoria office depending on COVID 19 conditions.
Please visit www.crfair.ca to become familiar with CRFAIR and our programs.
Deadline: The closing date for this competition is August 17, 2020.
Please prepare and send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CRFAIR Communications and Engagement Coordinator Position” in the subject line. Your submission should highlight your previous communication, event coordination and sponsorship development experience in addition to demonstrating how you meet the additional requirements stated above. If available, please also attach a pdf of a poster, newsletter, or website that you have created and/or link to a video clip if applicable. Applications must be received before 12 midnight on the closing date to be considered. Please include your contact information (email, phone(s) and postal address). We will ask for references for shortlisted applicants.