Calling all farm dreamers and food growers! Join us for our 3rd annual Central Alberta Winter Mixer in Fallis, AB. This two-day event will focus on farm inspiration, skill sharing and community building to help you grow your farm. There will be workshops on choosing profitable farm enterprises, writing a business plan and creating your farm brand, as well as stories from successful farm start-ups. Meet with other farmers and share ideas, struggles and successes and find mentors and supporters to learn what works right here in Central Alberta.
And come for the fun! There will be farmer slide shows, delicious food, campfires and more!!!
When: Saturday, January 11 – Sunday, January 12, 2020
Where: Camp Oselia (53230 Range Rd 53, Fallis, AB T0E 0V0) located off Hwy 16 about 1h west of Edmonton
Cost: $75 + GST/person includes overnight accommodation and meals sourced from local, ecological and organic farmers. Work trade options are available. Can’t make it for both days? A day rate is available too.
REGISTER: Click here to buy tickets!
Looking to connect with others attending? Check out the event Facebook Page
Questions? Please contact Alex: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS & CHILDREN
- Delicious lunches and Sunday morning breakfast featuring local ingredients will be provided (please inform us about dietary restrictions in the registration questionnaire)
- If you are staying overnight, you are asked to please bring your own bedding, towels and toiletries. Rooms are shared with space for 2–12 people per room. Showers are available. Please inform us that you are staying overnight in the registration questionnaire. Rooms are available for Friday and Saturday night.
- Children are welcome at the Mixer but we will not be providing activities targeted for children. You’re encouraged to bring your (human) kids and some activities for them. If there are enough children then we will arrange for some unstructured child care (probably a supervised play room) — please email Alex if this is something that would interest you
- Travel mug for your coffee or tea (this will help us to do fewer dishes!)
- Potluck dish for our Saturday night potluck social – invite your friends! A kitchen will be available for heating up food and refrigerating potluck dishes
- Bedding, pillow, towel, toiletries
- Your best (or worst) farm photos for our Farmer Slideshow
- Notebook for soaking up all the farmtastic wisdom!
- Warm, winter clothing for walks outside
- Yoga mat and stretchy Wranglers for Farmer Yoga Sunday morning!
WORKSHOPS & SPEAKERS
New this year: Mini-Workshops!
We’re shaking up the format of the Mixer a bit by including a series of mini-workshops where you can get some hands-on learning of relevant farm skills and knowledge. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon there will be two rounds of mini-workshops (each one is 45 min long). We will have four mini-workshops to choose from, which means you get to participate in two of those mini-workshops. Check out the list below!
Check back for speaker bios soon!