The BC Association of Farmers’ Markets is seeking a Communications & Creative Lead!
About BC Association of Farmers’ Markets
A provincial non-profit, the mission of BC Association of Farmers’ Markets (BCAFM) is to support, develop and promote member farmers’ markets across all regions of British Columbia. BCAFM is a unified voice for 145+ member farmers’ markets, home to over 4,000+ farmers, food processors and artisans who share a common vision of ‘BC Grow, Make, Bake’. In addition to many other exciting projects and initiatives, BCAFM is proud to lead the BC Farmers’ Market Trail campaign and deliver the BC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Program.
About this Role: Communications & Creative Lead
Are you a communications, design, marketing and social media pro? Can you easily move between multiple projects, are a self-starter, and can also work collaboratively with a team and build member relations? We are seeking a passionate, organized and highly detailed Communications & Creative Lead to grow with us in the work we do so farmers’ markets and local food continues to thrive across BC!
The Communications & Creative Lead is responsible for coordinating and executing design, marketing and communications activities and campaigns, including social media. The Communications & Creative Lead will also work collaboratively as a team with the Membership & Programs Lead on special projects, outreach, building collaborative relationships and developing member-focused tools and resources.
Communications, Marketing & Design
- Manage and deliver all BCAFM communications, including two websites (bcfarmersmarket.org and bcfarmersmarkettrail.com), annual print directories and brochures, marketing collateral, conference communications, social media, member and public communications, newsletters, and media releases.
- Design and produce capacity building initiatives, promotional projects and marketing collateral (ex. BC Farmers’ Market Trail, conference program, annual report, graphics)
- Collaborate with the Membership & Programs Lead on effective strategies for communicating with and engaging members in BCAFM activities, including contact management, email, newsletters, surveys, social media and site visits
- Collaborate with Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Program staff on communications and promotions
- Grant and sponsorship activities, including grant reports and coordinating funder and sponsorship recognition and benefits
- When needed, take photos at BCAFM events and activities
Membership and Collaborative Relations
- Provide customer service to BCAFM members, collaborators and the general public, including inquiries about BCAFM policies and guidelines
- Build and maintain relationships with BCAFM members in accordance with BCAFM values and strategic plan
- Collaborate with the Membership & Programs Lead in the delivery of effective capacity building activities, tools and resources to support and develop Member Farmers’ Markets, including webinars, workshops, and mentoring
- Manage and maintain collaborator and membership databases
- Create and execute design and promotional strategy for the annual BCAFM conference (including graphics, social media, program, print and online ads, emails)
- Support in the delivery of conference funder and sponsorship recognition and benefits
- Offer additional support as needed in the planning and delivery of the conference
Outreach and Public Engagement
- Support and develop collaborative relationships with sector collaborators, organizations and businesses, as well as local media and bloggers
- Attend tradeshows and other outreach events as a BCAFM representative
Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Education or experience in marketing, communications, design or other related field
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about communications, marketing and promotional activities
- Strong communications and design skills in a range of creative styles and delivery methods (social media, newsletters, website, media releases, etc.)
- Comprehensive social media experience creating content and managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects, collaborators and deadlines
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Flexible, enthusiastic and collaborative work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent working knowledge with web-based communications and design programs, including WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and webinar software
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, online file sharing systems, and ability to quickly grasp new software
- Must have reliable internet connection (computer may be provided)
- Some travel required
- Experience or interest in farmers’ markets, local food, or food culture
- Experience with database and contact management systems
- Photography experience
Hours of Work: Full Time
35 hours/week plus occasional evenings and weekends
(daily flexible schedule within core hours)
Compensation: Salary $43,000 per year + Group Benefits (Extended Health, Professional Development, and Wellness Benefit)
Location: Remote (work from home)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline to Apply: NOON Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
WHEN & HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your resume in PDF format with your name in the title of the document, as well as a cover letter that includes something you like about farmers’ markets on or before NOON Wednesday, September 30, 2020 to email@example.com
- Please include ‘Communications & Creative Lead’ in the email subject line.
- Please note that interviews may be conducted during the recruitment period and only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
BCAFM is committed to be an equitable and inclusive employer with our hiring practices and organizational culture. We encourage applicants from all over British Columbia with diverse backgrounds, communities and lived experiences to apply.
Thank you very much for your interest in BC Farmers’ Markets.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org