FarmFolk CityFolk and Kwantlen Polytechnic University are proud to sponsor the Second BC Seeds Gathering!
Dates: Friday, November 14, 2014 4:30pm to Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 1:30pm
Location: Kwantlen University, Richmond Campus, 8771 Lansdowne Road, Richmond, BC
This event presents an unique opportunity to:
- support a provincial gathering of seed growers, community leaders, and farmers from across BC
- showcase innovative practices in seed cultivation, harvesting and storage to an educated audience, and
- participate in the strong and committed community of seed practitioners from across North America.
Like no other agricultural gathering in BC, this event will bring together an incredible roster of experienced, dedicated individuals committed to focusing locally and connecting nationally to protect the culture, history and future of seeds in our world.
Small-scale seed growers, community leaders, seed networks and young urban farmers from across BC will bring their seeds to clean, test a variety of cleaning equipment, learn, share experiences and launch the BC Eco Seeds producer cooperative. We will decide how, together we can improve the quality, quantity and diversity of of locally grown seed.
To register visit our Eventbrite page
Friday Evening – Knowledge Keeper Circle
Join our story telling circle with several of BC’s most experienced seed growers including: Lorne and Barbara Ebell-Nanoose Edibles, Mojave Kaplan-Planting Seed Project and others. Their passion, knowledge and decades of seed growing experience is foundational to our work.
Saturday Workshops for:
- beginning seed growers,
- experience commercial growers
- community Activists.
• strategies for moving forward