Are you interested in nutrient-dense food for you and your family? Are you a farmer or livestock producer interested in learning how to successfully transfer ownership of your farm or ranch to the younger generation? Do you want to learn how we can heal our land with a healthier food system?
Redtail Farms Day is part of Holistic Management International’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Holistic Management works with nature, not against it. We will discuss planet- and animal-friendly management techniques that lead to richer soil, improved water containment, nutrient-dense food and more prosperous and successful farms and ranches.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day and help strengthen your local foodshed. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Redtail Farms Day, you will…
- Meet the Charpentiers and Greibels, innovative farmers who are regenerating their land while responsibly raising sustainable meats that build healthy community
- Enjoy a farm-fresh local lunch with foods produced on Redtail Farms
- Learn about successful succession, and how Holistic Management can ease the transition process
- Hear about first hand experiences with how focusing on healthy soils creates quality foods
- Discover successful direct marketing strategies
- Explore holistic decision making and the value of the holistic goal
- Practice making decision towards a triple bottom line
- Discuss innovative management for animal health and soil fertility
- Have a chance to ask producers who have practiced these techniques
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Advanced registration is CAN$50 per person (includes lunch) with a 50% discount for students. Register here.