Are you interested in starting your own organic vegetable farm? Want to learn the ins and outs from a successful organic vegetable farm?
We are a family farm in our 7th year of growing vegetables in the Pemberton Valley selling through 100 weekly local CSA’s and to Vancouver Farmers Markets on weekends. We are managing 7 acres this year. We also have 12 pigs, 99 laying hens, and meat birds.
There are 1-2 apprenticeship positions available, either a couple or a single. We offer room and board, a generous stipend, and all of our knowledge.
- Apprenticeship runs from May until November
- You will learn all aspect of running an organic vegetable farm, such as planting, weeding, harvesting, processing, harvest box assembly, farmer’s markets, irrigation, and the list goes on.
- You will have the freedom to do an on-farm directed study if that interests you
- We will help you and give you advice on your own farm business plan
- Accommodations include a cabin or trailer, internet, hot shower, outdoor kitchen and bathroom. All cooking is done on your own but we provide staples and vegetables and eggs when they are in abundance.
- We offer a generous stipend on a sliding scale depending on experience.
- We are a fast paced farm and expect applicants to be hard working, efficient, positive, and motivated individuals who are looking for experience before starting their own farm
Positions start as soon as possible and runs until November.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!